Guru Spa Consulting
Our Guru Spa member is professional hoteliers and Spa operators, certified by Ministry of Public Health, vast experiences as General Resort Manager, Spa Director, Product Distributor and Consultant in South East Asia and Middle East with leading companies such as Six Senses, Hyatt, Four Seasons and MSpa (Mandara and Anantara).
The dynamic team who’s passionate on spa & well-being field, we are not just spa consultant and operators, but , we are spa lover and regular spa goers, so that’s WHY we understand how a good spa experience can relax our tired body, clear our mind and uplift our spirit. Then we’ve named our group Guru meaning “Expertise"
How we can help: Our Objective;
- Ideally blend high, international standard of quality with Asian and Thai hospitality.
- Enhance total spa and wellness experience.
- Design spa and wellness services to suit the discerning premium traveler supported by specialized training
- Innovative concepts in spa and wellness.
- Commit to constantly develop and improve massages and treatments techniques and other treatments through training and continuing education.
- Provide the Premium Guests with the most professional wellness experience from a range of relaxing and therapeutic treatments.
- Help differentiate the resort from their competition through providing a unique and innovative service proposition.
- Make each guest interaction highly personal, positive and memorable.
Jittima Wongsiripaiboon (Duen)
With MBA - Marketing from American University, Washington DC and extensive experience in developing, marketing, spa operations and recruitment in Thailand, Laos, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan and the Middle East. Managed Spas at Grand Hyatt Erawan, Como Group/Metropolitan and Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok. Based in Abu Dhabi for 6 years as MD of Spa Enterprises Inc. and earlier as Director of Spa at Emirates Palace.
The Bachelor’s Degree- Hotel Management Rangsit University, Thailand 2001
Master Degree- MBA Washington American University, 2010
- Certificate by The Wat Po Traditional Medical School, Thailand 2002
- Aromatherapy and foot massage certificate by The Ministry of Public Health, Thailand 2002
- Certificate of Spa Operator by The Ministry of Public Health, Thailand 2004
- Anatomy and Physical Certificate by Chivasom Achademy Bangkok, Thaialnd 2009
- Washington American Global University, Marketing Management-MBA 2009
- Managing Partner, Guru Spa consulting, Bangkok, Thailand 2012-Present
- Director of Spa, Anantara spa at Emirates Palace Kempinski, Abu Dhabi U.A.E 2008-2012
- Spa Manager, COMO Shambhara at Bangkok, Thailand 2006-2008
- Assistant Spa Director, I.Sawan Residential Spa and Club, Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok Thaialand 2005-2006
- Spa Manager, Mandara Spa at Royal Orchid Sheraton Bangkok, Thailand 2003-2005
- Spa Manager, De Vie Spa at Zenith Sukhumvit Hotel, Bangkok, Thailand 2002-2003
Uthumporn Frenkel (May)
Strategic and practical professional with experience in on-line marketing communication and sales team management. Served as Director of Sales & Marketing at eInternetwork, a leading on-line travel agent and advertorial guidebook publisher and, recently, at Pacific City Club under Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spa. BA - Management graduate from UTCC, Bangkok.
Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Major in Management, By University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, Thailand 1994
- Director of Sales & Marketing at Pacific City Club, managed by Six Senses hotel& spa 2015-2016
- Director of Sales & Marketing at eInternetwork Co., Ltd, Thailand 2007-2013
Kanlayanee Martthuean (Khun Jang)
Corporate Training Manager
Kanlayanee (Khun Jang), a native from Thailand with a background of Health Science, has vast experiences in the Spa & Wellness and hospitality industry for 15 years.
She started her spa career as Spa Therapist at The Tongsai Bay Cottages Resort, a five-star resort in Koh Samui, Thailand, where she had the opportunity to study at AIM International Beauty School for Facial and Aroma Body Massage. Then she moved to join the spa team at Rayavadee Premier Resort, a luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand for 3 years.
In 2002, she accepted the position of Senior Spa Therapist at Mandara Spa, a world-renowned spa brand managed within the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort. Meanwhile she also helped to open another Mandara spa property located in Sala Resort at Koh Samui, Thailand.
Khun Jang was very passionate and motivated to learn more about wellness and holistic spa therapies. In 2005, she decided to join Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary’s opening team led by Khun Watt without hesitation. This was where she gained her experiences working with holistic spa treatments and wellness activities. Her career has shifted from Senior Spa Therapist to Holistic Practitioner since then, and she was one of the most top requested Spa Practitioners where she received raving reviews from every guest who has had a session with her.
She moved to join Six Senses Spa at Soneva Kiri Resort, Koh Kood, Thailand after 5 years at Kamalaya as Holistic Practitioner. She was involved to help set up the holistic side of the spa, and once again became the most requested Spa Practitioner throughout her time there. After 3 years she moved to work as Spa Trainer and Wellness Practitioner at Talise Spa in Jumeirah Vittaveli Resort, Maldives.
In 2015 Khun Jang decided to return to Thailand to be part of Guru Spa Consulting team as Corporate Training Manager. She is excited for this new challenge and will bring forth her knowledge in Holistic Spa Therapies, Yoga, Fitness, Meditation and Energy healing, plus her passion for wellness and learning to contribute to any new spa consulting projects.
- 2013-2015 Spa Trainer and Wellness Practitioner and Jumeirah Vittaveli, Maldives www.jumeirahvittaveli.com
- 2010-2013 Practitioner & Holistic Therapist Six senses at Soneva KIRI Resort, Koh Kood Trat, Thailand www.sonevakiri.com
- 2007-2010 Senior Therapist and Instructor Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary, Koh Samui, Thailand. www.kamalaya.com
- 2004-2007 Senior Therapist Previous Mandara Spa-Curently Mspa Sheraton Krabi beach resort and Sala Resort -Samui, Thailand www.mspa-international.com
- 2002-2004 Spa Therapist Rayavadee Krabi, Thailand www.rayavadee.com
- 2000-2002 Spa Therapist The Tongsai Bay Cottages@Hotel, Koh Samui. Thailand www.tongsaibay.co.th
Qualified Professional Certificates;
- 2015 Yoga Teacher (TTC) 200 hours
- 2012 Watsu by Master Pamela Yang
- 2012 Chi Nei Tsang II by Universal Healing Tao Master School
- 2011 Thai Massage Toksen by Lanna Hangdong Traditional Medicine Hospital
- 2011 Thai Traditional Massage course (150 Hours) by Thai Traditional Medical Services Society
- 2010 Chi Nei Tsang I by Universal Healing Tao Master School
- 2006 TCM Treatment course by Kamalaya Koh Samui Chi Nei Tsang, Moxibustion, Cupping
- 2006 Reiki II
- 2005 Reiki I
- 2001 Facial and Body Massage by AIM International Beauty School
- General knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology.
- Wellness Activities-Yoga Taijiquan, Pilates Mat, Stretching, and Personal Trainer (PT)
- Ayurvedic Massage - Abhyanga, Shirodara , Kativati, Shiroabhyang
Spa Knowledge and Experiences;
- Treatment Body and Facial treatment by Natural Product and top table product.
- Massage Aroma Massage, Foot Massage, Hand Massage, Indian Head Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Thai Massage, Thai Compress, Foot Reflexology, Bamboo Massage, and Aroma Massage with cupping
- Holistic Therapies Lymphatic Drainage Massage Reiki Chakra Crystal Balancing
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Cupping Moxabustion Chi Nei Tsang (Abdominal Massage) Gua Sa
Uaichai Prangsuwan (Chai)
Treatment and wellness activity trainer
With a background in Sports Science, Chai began his career as a spa therapist in 2003 with Mandara spa at Sheraton Krabi beach resort, Four Seasons hotel in Bangkok, Mirabel Beach Resort in Egypt and Bangkok Marriott resort in Thailand. Later he joined Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary at Koh Samui, Thailand in 2007 as senior spa therapist and spa trainer, supervising quality of treatment, developing and conducting training and performance appraisal for spa therapists.
One year later he has become a wellness activity instructor, teaching classes such as Yoga, Tai chi, Stretching, Thai boxing exercise, Fitball, Mat Pilates, Bootcamp training, Body and Mind conditioning, fitness evaluation and personal training at Six Senses Destination Spa, Phuket. His last position was Activity Manager at Rayavadee Resort, Krabi, Thailand, overseeing all guest activities, wellness activities and excursions.
His professional experiences;
- Mar 2012-Mar 2013 Activity Manager Rayavadee Resort, Krabi Thaialand www.rayavadee.com
- October 2010-Feb 2012 Activity Manager AKA Resorts & Spa Hua Hin, Thailand www.akaresorts.com
- June 2008- June 2009 Wellness Activity instructor Six Senses at destination Spa, Phuket, Thailand (Now The Luxury Collection)
- Feb 2007-Oct 2009
- Wellness Activity instructor
- Spa Trainer
- Senior Therapist
- Kamalaya Koh Samui, Thailand www.kamalaya.com
- Nov 2006- Feb 2007 Therapist at Mandara Spa BKK Marriott Resort&Spa, Managed by Mspa, www.mspa-international.com
- Aug 2006-Oct 2006 Therapist at Mandara Spa Mirabel Beach Resort in Egypt Managed by Mspa, www.mspa-international.com
- Feb 2005-Jul 2006 Therapist at Mandara Spa Four Seasons Hotel, BKK, Thailand Managed by Mspa www.mspa-international.com
- Jan 2004-Feb 2005 Therapist at Mandara Spa Sheraton Krabi beach Resort Krabi, Thailand, Managed by Mspa. www.mspa-international.com
Qualified Professional Certificates
- Sport massage
- Chi Nei Tsang (Abdominal massage)
- Traditional Thai massage
- Lymphatic drainage massage
- Hot Stone massage
- Head (Indian head) massage
- Thai massage with compress
- Tai Chi
- Mat pilates
- Abdominal workout
- Personal trainer
- Thai boxing excercise